The emonTx Shield is an open hardware arduino compatible shield for electricity monitoring that can be connected to any standard Arduino UNO, Leonardo or Duemilanove.
- Apparent Power, Real Power*, Power Factor* and AC RMS voltage readings*
- 4 x CT Current Sensor input
- AC 9V RMS voltage sensor input
- 433/868Mhz RFM12B (HopeRF) wireless transceiver to transmit/receive data to other OpenEnergyMonitor and JeeNode modules
- On-board DS18B20 digital temperature sensor (not included as standard)
- Status LED
- Compatible with Arduino Duemilanove, Uno and Leonardo
- Compatible with OpenEnergyMonitor modules (emonGLCD, emonBase - NanodeRF etc.)
* with 9V AC adapter
The emontx shield is open hardware with the designs released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. The schematics and board files can be viewed and downloaded from the openenergymonitor github hardware repository here:
EmonTx Shield Arduino example code can be found on github here:
- For more information on AC Power theory, AC Power sensor circuit design and firmware design see the electricity monitoring section of building blocks for a wealth of information. There is also good information there on calibration and accuracy.