Development & Labs
If you're developing an aspect of the system, please add to the log below so people can find out about what you're doing.
- Existing Raspberry Pi SD card upgrade guide (ADVANCED)
- Using Chip ID instead of API key, simple setup energy monitor, less skills required.
- EmonTx v2.5 and throughhole kits
- Open source zero carbon energy system model: Modeling hourly demand and supply for renewable powered domestic electricity, heating with heatpumps and electric vehicles
- Wishlist for Emoncms "My Solar" page
- emonPi and RFM69Pi emonbase ready-to-go SD card image
- Using Emonpi features in v8.5
- Reading from Kamstrup 402 Mbus heatmeter with arduino
- Introducing emonPi: Raspberry Pi based energy monitor (Kickstarter)
- Upgrading mysql, timestore, phptimestore feed engines to phpfina and phptimeseries
- Fix for accumulator based bargraph data gaps, useful background here
- Timezone issue fix development thread
- New emoncms get data request method and data viewer
- EmonCMS in a Software as a Service Infrastructure (Mattia Rossi)
- Testing the next version of emoncms v8.5
- Application specific dashboards: Solar PV
- Application specific dashboards: Heatpump
- EmonPi Development, finalised PCB and enclosure
- EmonView (RaspberryPI Python version of emoncms) concept + MQTT
- Asymmetric encryption implementation in nodes, emonHub and emonCMS
- emonhub modules "sandbox" (pb66)
- An open source hourly zero carbon energy system model (part 1 , see June 2015 for next step)
Emoncms development plan: https://github.com/emoncms/emoncms/issues/244
- Forum post: Reducing emoncms write load for long term SD card logging and a minimal python version of emoncms
- Forum post: emonGLCD V2 SMT Prototype Development
- Github: Emoncms time-series feed engine documentation
- Blog post: emonPi Raspberry Pi Energy Monitoring Shield - Prototype Dev Update
- Blog post: How to draw a myelectric style bar chart
- Blog post: How to build an Energy Monitoring Android App part 1
- Blog post: Hardware Developments - Update
- Ongoing EmonHub development https://github.com/emonhub/
- EmonHub Development https://github.com/emonhub/
- EmonHub Development blogpost
- Improved documentation https://github.com/openenergymonitor/documentation
- General development examples: http://github.com/emoncms/development/
- Ongoing emoncms dev as below
- Forum post: OpenBEM Module Development
New features: multiple projects, multiple scenarios, compare scenarios.
- Ongoing emoncms development to make it more robust, fix bugs etc, adding logging to feed engines: https://github.com/emoncms/emoncms/tree/Develop
- Forum post: Emoncms development log March 2014
A forum post to try and summaries the state of emoncms development with open discussion on features.
- Forum post: Emoncms development
A pre emoncms v8 release forum post discussing the new features: node interface, improved feed engines, my electric mobile friendly dashboard.
- Forum post: Debian packaging emoncms & modules
Dave McCraw has been developing debian package installation and update method for emoncms, simplifying the installation and update procedure on debian linux systems, this has been one of the most active development discussion topics this month.
- Forum post: New system build guides
A start on two new build guides that aim to document from start to finish the setup of the OEM system for particular applications. Focusing around the question of what do we need for this particular application and how can the steps needed to get it up and running be reduced, and the process made easier.
- Forum post: emonPi early prototype -ideas?
Development of a raspberrypi shield monitoring board and all in one monitoring, RPi + harddrive unit.
- Multi zone scheduler heating control
Development of a multi zone scheduler heating controller module/interface for emoncms, plus the documentation to how you build a system using it.
See forums and blog posts for historical development going back to 2009.